Sunday, May 6, 2012

Social Studies Extra Credit

This weekend I spent Saturday and Sunday helping Alison with a little extra credit project for her social studies class.  For some reason she decided she wanted to do a report on Menasha.  I'm still not sure why.  So I spent Saturday trying to think up all the cool things about Menasha (are there really any?) and landmarks, and looking up the history of the city.  I thought that a lot of the things that I knew about Menasha growing up would not be one bit interesting to someone in Menomonee Falls.  I think things are more interesting to you when you have some sort of a connection to it, and Alison thinks it's cool because that is where I grew up.

I'm sure I could have found a few more things for her if I had more than a day to go look for information for her, Ali could have had a killer report.  As it is, I found about 10-12 interesting tidbits about Menasha and then found a three paragraph summary on the history of the city from some Wisconsin Historical Society web site, so she was able to write up a small description.  I hope she gets a good grade on it, just because she seems so excited about it.

0 comments: