Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cheer Week

This week is going to be a very stressful one for Sarah.  Every night this week she has cheer clinics/practice to get ready for high school cheerleading tryouts.  The Falls does not have a freshman squad, so it is JVs or nothing, and there are going to be few spots opening up, and in addition to the girls on her team last year, there are the freshmen this year who were 8th grade cheerleaders that didn't make JVs last year too.  And this isn't like the jr. high cheer teams.  These girls are heavy on the gymnastics/tumbling skills, and I don't think Sarah is as advanced as some of the other girls in terms of her tumbling skills.

I am hoping that she can make it and work on the skills she doesn't have yet.  But if she doesn't make it, I hope that she at least uses it as motivation to get serious and get her tumbling skills down so she can make it as a sophomore.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 comments: