Monday, April 30, 2012

Time for a New Cell Phone

It is time to shop for a new cell phone for Kris.  Her phone is over two years old and the battery just doesn't hold a charge like it used to, plus the technology of it is just rather antiquated.  So I have been shopping the available upgrades from AT&T.  I think I am going to break down and finally get her an iPhone.  It's not so much that I don't want to get one, it is the added expense of having to have a data plan. 

But, as I was shopping around looking at new phones, Sarah had to chime in about how she wants a new phone (she is actually able to get an upgrade as well, plus, I can get a month "free" if I sign a 12 month contract with her phone.  That lead to her saying that she wants an Android powered smartphone.  This I have a problem with.  I don't have a smartphone, and I am just getting Kris one, and she really doesn't need it.  There is no reason for a 13 year old to have a smartphone in my opinion.  There is nothing that she would possibly need it for.  It isn't like she has a busy schedule to keep track of, and she certainly doesn't need to browse online with it.  If she needs anything online, she can wait until she gets home and she can use her laptop.  I don't know what I am going to do with hers yet, but I am dead set against getting her a smart phone.  I mean, someone please tell me what a 13 year old needs to have a smartphone for.  If someone can make a good argument for it, I may consider it, but I haven't heard one yet.

0 comments: