Thursday, April 26, 2012

Printer Problems

For some time now we have been having problems with our printer.  It is a wireless one so that Sarah or Kris, or I can print whatever we need regardless of which computer is being used.  Well we had been having lots of problems because it kept losing the wireless signal from the router, and every time it lost the signal, I was forced to reboot the router, which would take a few minutes each time. 

After we got the new router and the technician told us that there was a problem with some wet wires coming into the house that would need to be replaced, things have been working fine.  Fine except for the printer, because we still couldn’t print wirelessly.  With all the problems I was having with the adapter for the not so smart TV, I figured that I should now be able to get it set up to print again from any computer in the house.

After finding my online help manual and the installation CD for the printer, I finally figured out the problem.  When we were having problems, I had stopped using the wireless feature and plugged it into the computer in the basement with a USB cable so it could only be used in conjuction with the kids’ computer.  After re-running the set-up CD and unplugging the USB cable, we were ready to go in about 15 minutes.  I felt really stupid because this is something I could have done as soon as we got the new router.  I guess it had been so long since I had gone to the USB cable I had completely forgotten that I did it.

0 comments: