Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grandparents Day

Last Friday Alison had “Grandparents Day” at her school.  I don’t think they actually call it Grandparent’s Day, it’s something like Senior Friend Day implying that any older person can come, not just grandparents since some kids no longer have grandparents.  This year, Alison asked Kris’s Aunt Vicki to come since Kris’s dad can’t come. 

I must say that I was a little disappointed when I heard how the day went when I got home from work.  Vicki only got to spend something like a half an hour with Alison out of almost a three hour event.  I don’t know what I was expecting to hear.  Last year Alison didn’t go because the event was on the same day as Kris’s mom’s funeral.  I just assumed they would run it the same way as they did when the girls were going to Riverside. 

From what Kris and Ali told me, Vicki got there and was shuttled right to the gym where they had breakfast set up.

0 comments: