Sunday, May 21, 2017

Baby Birds

It’s been a couple of weeks now and the robin is still sitting in the nest on the garage.  Kris looked up the time table for hatching robin eggs and it is about the time that there should be babies in the nest.  So I have been trying to keep an eye out for scrawny little heads, or maybe the mother robin to fly back and feed them a worm.  It just so happened that I saw the mother fly out of the nest as I was walking into the garage and I thought, I am going to grab my step stool and see if I can see over the edge of the nest to see if there are any babies.  There are.  We have two baby robins in the nest. 


Shortly afterward, the mother came back with a big, juicy worm and the two little heads popped up with their mouths open.  One baby got the whole worm and the other was out of luck.  But then the mother flew away again, so I hope it gets something for the other baby.  It would suck to have to scrape a dead baby bird off the pavement!

0 comments: