Monday, May 29, 2017

Resetting the Patio

This year was a rough winter.  With all of the freezing and thawing the patio blocks has a rough time.  Add to it the chipped and missing locking sand and all the ant hills that are popping up means that I need to do some resetting of the patio pavers.  There are actually a couple of spots that ended up settling more than I wanted last year and I never got around to fixing them, so this is my chance.  I’ll have to pull out a bunch of the pavers and relevel them before refilling all the seams with locking sand, then resealing them all. I dread doing it because it isn’t an easy fix, and it is a lot of bending and stooping over.  But it will give me the chance to make sure no water pools by the garage as well as spraying a ton of insecticide into the sand/paver base to kill all the dang ants.  I really hope I don’t end up having to do this on an annual basis!

0 comments: