Monday, July 16, 2018

Alabamy


I had to head south today for work.  We are looking at a new supplier so I am heading down to Alabama to do a site audit on their facility and evaluate them to make sure they can handle any work that we send their way.  It is only going to be an overnight trip, but unfortunately I had to fly into Atlanta and then drive west for about 90 minutes. 

Actually, the area is very nice and scenic.  But as far as the city itself, and the area/people are a little, uh, shall we say, “Cliché”.  Not exactly what I expected, but also what I expected at the same time.  We were actually up in the mountains.  We were right at the very southern end of the Appalachian Mountains.  I don’t know if I would ever go back there to vacation, but it was not bad.  And the heat wasn’t all that bad.  It was actually about the same in terms of heat and humidity as it was in Milwaukee when we left.  I actually like going places for work and getting to see areas of the country, I wouldn’t normally see. 

0 comments: