Thursday, July 19, 2018

New Car


Sarah got a new car today.  We had been looking for a new car, actually a newer used car, to get for her after my car guy gave his input on it back in May when I got the oil changed.  My father had offered to look down in Florida since he thought he may be able to find one that would 1) have low miles, and 2) not be a “snow car” so the body would be in better shape.  Then when he started looking, he found that for a couple grand more, he would be able to get a brand new one.

We weren’t expecting to have to get it so soon, and actually had planned on Ali driving the old Saturn for a couple of months until we could get her a decent car, but plans sort of changed last week.  If it weren’t for having to fly back to Milwaukee, I would have tried meeting my dad in Atlanta so he didn’t have to drive the whole way up to Wisconsin. 

I think that after the accident, Sarah may finally wake up and be a little more careful driving.  I had her drive me to the airport for my flight to Atlanta, and I heard from Alison (Alison came with to keep Sarah company on the drive back) that she was a little nervous driving back home.  But she should be careful driving this car, because I plan on it lasting her for at least the next 7-10 years, and the next car she gets, she will be responsible for.  This one is going to be much more fuel efficient though, so I think at the very least she’ll save money driving this car.

0 comments: