Friday, July 6, 2018

The Apple Store

Alison was at Summerfest the same night as we were and unfortunately, she was stuck out in the rain that rolled thru. Ever since that night, she has been having problems with her phone. Now her phone will not even turn on, and she is beside herself since everything is on her phone. Since I pay for Apple Care every month I decided that it was time to take it in to the Apple store to have it looked at.

My first trip to the Apple store was not a very positive one. I found out that if I wanted to have her phone looked at I needed to make an appointment. I think that sort of defeats the purpose of having a “walk-in” store, but I thought fine, I’ll play along and just make an appointment. They told me the first appointment I could get was Wednesday. Really? Wednesday? There isn’t another time slot available in the next five days? Un-Freaking-believable!!!!

Look, I get that Apple products are hot. But if I am paying for the insurance/service plan, I expect to be able to get my product serviced when it needs servicing, not a week (or nearly) from when it needs it. They of course apologized, and said that I could try another Apple Store. The one at Bayshore apparently had an appointment a day or so earlier, but the time didn’t work out and I didn’t want to drive the extra distance to save about 12 hours. So I told the kid that yes, I would take the appointment on Wednesday. I hope Alison can make it until then.

0 comments: