Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lunch with Alison

Every year Riverside will have a week where parents can come and eat lunch with their kid(s). This week was the week allocated for it, so on Tuesday Kris and I showed up for foot long hot dogs with Alison. It is always enjoyable going because Alison is so happy to see us whenever we show up.

Ali got to pick two friends to sit with her (and us) and chose one girl that used to live down the street from us. I feel bad for her because she is very quiet, and I say used to live down the street from us because Alison told us her parents got divorced this year. But I tried to at least talk to her and she seemed very happy to have someone to talk to. I get the feeling she doesn’t have many friends, so I was at least proud of Alison for including her.

After lunch we went down the hall and let Ali pick out some books from the book fair. That saved us from sending money to school with Alison. She picked out a bunch of books and even bought one for Sarah.

0 comments: