Friday, March 19, 2010

Mystery Reader

Every year Alison’s teacher, Mrs. Weber, does a “mystery reader” on Fridays during the year. Someone comes in on Fridays and reads a story, or stories, to the kids. The thing is the mystery reader gives (5) clues for the class to try and guess who is going to read to them. Granted, how is my child supposed to know what someone else’s parent might have given as a clue, but it is fun for them. Well I was the mystery reader this week. Unfortunately, Ali told me after she got home Friday that one of the other kids in her class saw Mrs. Weber’s list of clues with my name on it and told Ali that I was going to be the mystery reader for the week. Ali said she thought that it might have been me anyway, especially when I gave the clue that my favorite Dr. Suess story is The Lorax. In fact, that is the story that I read the class. Then I still had about 10 mins. To kill so I brought another book, The Emperor’s New Clothes by Hans Christian Anderson.

It was a fun day and Ali was so happy to have me there to read to them. Apparently so were a bunch of the other kids because I got hugs from (4) other kids in her class.

0 comments: