Friday, March 12, 2010

Riverside Yearbook

For the past (4) years I have compiled and laid out the Riverside ES yearbook. It is nothing more than a softcover book of photos of the kids from the year, and there isn’t a lot of variety. Just a few photos gathered from throughout the year, some special events, etc. Well this year because of work, and the lack of photos, I am having a hard time putting it together. Since this is Ali’s last year, I wanted it to be a good one for her. But the parent who provided me with half of the photos for last year’s book isn’t here this year, so my “pool of pictures” to choose from is not quite as large. Add to that the book is due at the printer in (2) weeks and with how busy I am at work and all the stuff I do with the girls every night (reading, checking homework, driving the girls around to their various activities, etc.) and things are getting pretty tense. I am hoping that I can get it in on time but this year’s book is proving to be a difficult project to fit in. The only good thing is that next year at Shady Lane I will most likely not have to do it. When we were there on the first we saw a list of PTA committees and someone was already listed for the yearbook, and I am definitely not going to volunteer for that. I have discovered that once you volunteer for something with PTA, you get stuck with it for life - or until you no longer have kids at the school.

0 comments: