Monday, November 19, 2012

2012 Indian Invite

Last weekend, we kicked off the competitive cheerleading season with the Menomonee Falls Indian Invite.  This year was Alison's first year with the Jr. Indians squad and Sarah's first JV competition.

The Jr. Indian routine was the same as the one they worked on for Jr. Indians night at the football game this past season.  So it wasn't much new.  In fact, it is usually the same, or just about the same every year since Sarah started.  But I think it was exciting for Alison to actually perform at a competition even if it was only an exhibition performance.




I was more curious about how Sarah's team would do.  Last year's JV squad was very good and many of them are now on the Varsity team.  I actually don;t think there are any seniors on this year's Varsity squad.  But Kris and I were both pleasantly surprised at how well they performed.  I wasn't wild about the music for their routine, and luckily we couldn't really hear it because the sound system in the gym was so poor.  I don't know if there was a problem with the sound itself, or if their system is just that bad and needs to be replaced.  There were a couple other parents who said the same thing, so at least I know it wasn't just me.


0 comments: