Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Anniversary

On this day 21 years ago, I had gone out to a bar with my roommates for the night.  We used to go to one particular bar on North avenue in Milwaukee called Judges.  There wasn't a whole lot to do there.  They had a couple of TVs and played my kind of music, but not much else.  So we were there watching basketball and playing darts.  That night my friends and I were throwing darts and a couple of girls wanted to play the winners on the board (which was me and my friend). 

In between watching the basketball game that was on and going to get pitchers of beer, these girls were cheating when our backs were turned.  We ended up losing the game, which was something that was very uncharacteristic for us, especially losing to a couple of girls.  And that was one reason we knew we had been cheated.

Well, those girls ended up hanging out with us for the night and because one of them had a drink dumped on her jacket, I let her wear my UWM Rugby jacket home.  As most people know, that girl is now my wife.  She'll tell you that we were just that bad at darts, but don't believe her.  We were cheated.  But on this day 21 years ago we started our journey together, sort of.  It took me a month to get her to agree to go out with me, but I landed her.  And it never would have happened if we hadn't run into each other on this day in 1991.

0 comments: