Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ready for Christmas

Every year, the day after Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the Christmas season obviously, but it also means getting our Christmas stuff out.  Usually it is the only time I have to get the tree up and decorated because as anyone who knows me realizes that with the number of lights I put on our tree, it take me at least a day to get it up and the lights strung, and then another half a day the get the ornaments on.  This year, I was planning on moving the tree to the front of the family room in front of the big window.  However, with the shape of the room and the arrangement of the furniture, it just isn't conducive for placing the tree there. 

Maybe next year if we get some new furniture and rearrange the set up, we can move it to the front of the room.  The problem now is the same as it has been the last couple of years.  The tree is too close to the thermostat so that with the number of lights I have on the tree (2000 this year) the extra heat generated causes the temp in the room to rise so that the heat doesn't go on at night.  That makes for a cold upstairs for sleeping, so we'll have to keep the lights off for a while later at night.  Mybe I need to star t looking at getting some LED lights for the tree next year.  The problem is that with the cost of a string of LEDs it'll cost about $200-$250 just for lights.

I finished putting up the few lights we have for outside today, so as it stands, I think we're all set as far as decorations go for Christmas this year.  Maybe I'll keep looking as we are out for better lights.  The ones we have now are getting old and I think will need to be replaced next year, so if I come across something that isn't to horribly expensive I'll get it and stock it for next year.

0 comments: