Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a very fun Thanksgiving this year.  After going to spend some time with Kris's dad at his apartment, we drove up to have Thanksgiving dinner with my Aunt and her family, which was nice since we never get to see them even though they only live 20 minutes away.  It was a little bit hectic with children and dogs and cooking etc. all going on, but we still managed to be able to visit.  The funny thing was it ended up being a lot like the Thanksgivings I remember as a child with my grandparents.  There was the card table in the corner for the kids, and unfortunately, one of my adult cousins  was stuck at the kiddie table.  It was sort of like a bad joke, I felt bad for her.

At the end of the night as we were getting ready to go, my youngest cousin ended up splitting open his forehead.  I'm not quite sure how it happened, but it got pretty hectic with everyone scrambling.  Kris and I joked that it was a good thing there were two doctors in the house.  Luckily it wasn't all that awful.  My aunt ended up getting the bleeding to stop and I think she was planning on just derma-bonding it closed, so it should be ok.  I am hoping that we stay in better touch, but that will remain to be seen.  With our busy schedules as well as hers, it sounds good to say we will, but who knows.

0 comments: