Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fall Concert

I almost forgot, Alison had her Fall concert for school about two weeks ago.  It was really a fun program.  It is one thing that I think her music teacher does a lot better than the music teacher from Riverside did (no offense to the Riverside music teacher).  This years program was an old time radio show.  Since Alison is on the chorus, she sang a lot more than just her class would have done alone.  Then again, there are probably less than 10 kids in 5th grade who are not also in the chorus, so it was essentially all of the 5th grade anyway.

I would have posted the video clips but the clips are each about 15-20 minutes long.  Maybe I'll post one later.  They show was circa 1943, and even included commercials that they would have played at the time.  And the songs they did were also the songs that they would have played on the radio in 1943.  Alison even got a little solo part in Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. 

UPDATE:  Sadly, I just checked and my videos are too large.  In order to upload them to Vimeo, I'll need to do some editing to cut them down.  I'll try and find some time over the weekend, so check back.

0 comments: