Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chips in the Car

Even as recently as about two years ago, I used to be fanatical about keeping my cars washed.  However, in the last couple of years, I haven't had time to hand wash the cars on a regular basis and I have resorted to taking them to automatic washes.  However, since I have done this, I haven't been giving the cars the once over like I should.  The result is that I have found a few chips in the paint of my car. 

There is one in the hood, most likely from a stone or some other sort of road debris.  But I have a couple of chips and scrapes/scratches on the passenger side door and fender, in the exact spots that would line up with a car door.  This, to me, is the ultimate in being rude/inconsiderate.  I mean how much of an a-hole do you need to be to just let your car door fly open into the car next to you?  So now, as much as I hate to do it, I am going to need to take it in to get the spots fixed, because with winter coming, and all the road salt that gets used here, it is just inviting rust to start, since the spots are down to the base metal underneath.  This is something I just have no tolerance for.

0 comments: