Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another Rain Out

Today I was running behind with things so I dropped Ali off and her game and came home to clean up.  I was cleaning out the gutters (I really need to find some gutter covers that keep the debris out while allowing the water to drain off the roof) of all the leaves and it took a little longer than I had planned.

I finished right about the time I had to take Ali.  so after cleaning up and grabbing some lunch, I made it to the game with about 4 minutes left in the second quarter.  I brought an umbrella because it was a little dark and the weather forecast was for rain.  I ended up being there for about 15 or 20 minutes before it started raining.  They had just kicked off the second half when the sky opened up.  Then there was a flash of lightning, which means a delay of 35 minutes minimum.  So since there was going to be a delay, the cheerleaders were told they didn't need to wait around.  So of the six games that she has cheered this year, three of them have been postponed to where the cheerleaders didn't finish the game.  It really doesn't seem fair.  They only have one more game scheduled this year, and one make up date, which I don't think they'll need.  And the extended forecast for next week, at least right now, is cold (A high of 50) but at least there isn't any rain forecast...  yet.

0 comments: