Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dilemma

I think I have a dilemma developing.  I have been searching for a new job and interviewing for the past couple of weeks.  The first job I interviewed for has made me an offer.  However, I had a second interview and another place today as well.  The feeling that I get is that they too are going to make me an offer.  So now here is the problem...

Job #1 is going to be a manufacturing engineering job, which is what I was really looking for, plus it is only a 10 minute drive from home (about 4 miles).  Job #2, is a quality engineering job and the drive is 19 miles away (and in good traffic it will take at least 30 minutes).

Both companies seem very good.  At company #2 most people have been there an average of 15 years, and from what it seems like their product base is very stable and they are looking to expand into some different areas.  Company #1 is also pretty stable, and the working environment is very comfortable.

So while I know that technically I have only one offer, it is one that I need to try and negotiate a little bit.  And hopefully that can buy me a little time and see if I get the offer from the other place.  If not at least I'll have negotiated a little better situation for myself.

0 comments: