Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkins

Today was also the annual trip up the road to the pumpkin stand to pick out pumpkins for this year's jack-o-lanterns.  So after Sarah finished her confirmation class we drove over to look though this years crop.  

The stand that we go to every year is about two miles up the road.  It's just a wagon with a bunch of pumpkins on it and more pumpkins laid out around it in front of a farmer's field.  That particular farmer has several other stands around, but we like the one right up the road.  When we got there, there were four other cars of people picking out pumpkins too, so we had a little trouble trying to park.  But as soon as we did, I got out and walked over and found a big, round one that I thought was pretty good.  As soon as I grabbed it Alison decided she wanted it for her pumpkin.  I was nice enough to let her have it.

It took us about 10 minutes of walking through the rows and looking on the cart to find the ones we wanted, but I think we picked some good ones this year.  So the 2013 Hahn pumpkins are home and now awaiting carving.  I am waiting to see what designs the girls want on theirs this year, and I am still looking for a good design myself.  But I have a little time yet, since I don't plan on carving them until next weekend.

0 comments: