Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 Jack O'Lanterns

I barely made it, but this year's pumpkins are now carved and ready to go.  It was a busy week and I was worried I wouldn't make it, but the final jack o'lantern was finished tonight.  My plan was to have them gutted out and ready to carve on Sunday, but I got sidetracked doing other things this weekend, so I didn't actually get them scooped out until Sunday.  Then with my new job and running the girls around after I got home, I was only able to draw the face on three of them Monday night and actually carve them on Tuesday.  I didn't even put them through the normal preservation procedure of soaking them in a bleach solution to inhibit mold and keep them from drying out once the were carved.

So with no further adieu, may I present for you viewing pleasure, the 2013 Hahn jack o' lanterns.

First was Kris's.  This is the pumpkin that Sam uses in the movie, Trick R Treat.  In the movie it is more of a torch because there isn't just a candle inside, there are flames coming out of the top.


Alison wanted me to carve the Corpse Bride for hers.  I made a couple of mistakes with it, but she doesn't mind and as long as she likes it, that's all that matters.


Sarah originally wanted a mummy face on her pumpkin, but I was having lots of problems drawing it out and getting it to look right before carving it.  I think I was drawing it way too big.  Maybe I'll get it right next year.  So instead she got a skull, because everyone knows skulls and Halloween go together.


It isn't too bad, but I think I made it a little too wide.  I think it would look a little better if I made it a little skinnier.  

Finally, I finished mine about two hours ago.  I think it looks pretty good.  I told the girls that it needs more cowbell, but they didn't get the joke.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM THE HAHNS!

0 comments: