Saturday, October 12, 2013

Notice Has Been Given

Well...  I turned in my notice first thing Friday morning.  I think it sort of threw a wrench in the works of all the plans that the company had for the new manager.  I sort of feel bad for him.  He has an uphill climb ahead of him and I think he was counting on me to help him get things done.  Unfortunately, I need to think about my career and the goals I have.  If that ends up being elsewhere, so be it.

The company president was off Friday, but a little after lunch, the VP asked me to come into a meeting.  My supervisor had turned in my notice to the VP, who in turn ended up calling the President, who came in special to talk to me.  At first the meeting was about why I had wanted to move on.  I was asked if there was anything they could do to make me change my mind.  I made sure not to burn any bridges and just told them I was feelign burned out and that it was time to move on.

There was another guy at work who left last year around Christmas, and for whatever reason, he was back in, I think, May.  Apparently things didn't work out for him wherever he went.  So the good thing is that they told me that if things didn't work out, they would love to have me back, too.  So I guess I have that, but I don't think that things will tank.  That's not the kind of person I am.  I'll make it work out.  Plus, I expect that the change of scenery will be good for me.  So now the countdown is on.   

0 comments: