Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day Hooray!

After a long and frustrating summer, I started my new job today.  I sure hope this one works out for a couple of reasons.  Number one, getting laid off royally sucks, but two, and more importantly, I think I am really going to like this place. 

The people are great to work with, at least the ones I have met so far, and it looks like I am going to be doing a lot of the things I tried to get implemented when I was working for KBI.  They know what it means to be an engineer here... the systems, methodology, etc.  It is very refreshing to be around people who share the same goal.  It isn't an ideal situation at the moment, but I think it will evolve into a very good position.  From what I can gather a lot of it is stuff that is coming down from the corporate headquarters, which is one reason it took so long for them to offer me the job to start with.  I'm glad they did though, because of all the places I interviewed, this was the one company I was hoping would make me an offer. 

Today was long in that I had paperwork and orientation materials to go over, and then when that was done I had a lot thrown at me.  It was a little overwhelming at times, but I think I will get the hang of things, I just need to get in there and get my hands dirty (so to speak).  It is quite a relief to be back doing engineering work.

0 comments: