Monday, August 11, 2014

Freedom!

Free at last, free at last....  I don't know if that is more for me, or for Sarah.  But today, Sarah got her driver's license.  She was very nervous going up to the DMV in West Bend, but I think it got easier when the examiner came out to take her on her road test.  He looked like he might have been 24 years old at most, so he was able to put her at ease.  Sarah said that he was talking to her while they were driving about things like what school she went to.  I don't know what the point total is that you start with, but she ended up getting three points off, so I guess that is pretty good.

Then we had to go wait to have her picture taken for her license.  It was actually not very bad.  Usually you would expect the DMV to be packed with people, but there was only one person ahead of her.


So she got a photocopied sheet with her picture on it to serve as her license until her actual, laminated card comes in about a week. Here she is about to drive us home as a fully licensed driver (probationary of course).


Which also means my insurance rates are going to get bumped up.  So now she is free to go do things with her friends, or go to work by herself, and Kris and I don't have to serve as chauffeurs anymore.  And we also get to have her take some of the load off of us by driving Alison around to her activities.  So I guess Kris and I have more freedom than she does.  Although I am sure we'll be the ones filling the gas tank.

0 comments: