Monday, June 20, 2016

Bath for the Cat



Samson’s fur has been looking pretty ragged for a while so we decided it was finally time to give him a bath.  If I remember right, we have only bathed him once in the previous four years we have had him, and since he was so full of dander and shedding all over the house, I thought it was probably time.


Well, I remember why we haven’t done it in forever now, HE’S STRONG!  He fought like crazy just getting him into the sink, and then once we got him in, it was all I could do to keep him in the soapy water.  It took both hands to hold him down while Kris scrubbed and rinsed him.  It was much worse than washing a 50 lb. dog!  But it also reaffirms why we named him Samson.  The good news is that at least now he is clean and smells fresh.  The only thing left to do is watch for hairballs, because I am sure he’ll be licking himself like crazy now!

0 comments: