Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Roller Coaster Trip

Today while Sarah had to go to school and finish out her finals, Alison got to go on her class trip to Great America for the day.  She isn't much of a roller coaster rider (I sometimes question if she is my child), so I wasn't sure if there would be a lot of rides she would actually go on, but she apparently sucked it up and went on a bunch of coasters with her friends.  

The first one she went on was the American Eagle, and she hated it!  I never thought it was very scary, but she hated that first drop.  She had sent Kris a couple of text messages about how scared she was on that one, but for the most part she enjoyed the other ones that she went on.  She did say that she really liked the Demon and went on that one twice, and really liked Batman.  I couldn't believe it when she said the Demon.  I would have thought Great America would have replaced that coaster by now.  The last time Kris and I went there was 25 years ago, and it was 10 or 12 years old then.

I forget the other coasters she said she went on, but I think it was X-Flight, The Whizzer, Vertical Velocity, and either Raging Bull or Goliath.  But now it should be no problem the next time we go to Disney and go on the Rock N Roller Coaster or on the Tower of Terror.  Maybe one of these years Kris and I will take the girls back there (I don't think Sarah has ever been there).  But once you have been at Disney, other parks just seem dumpy.

0 comments: