Friday, May 7, 2010

Car Email

I got a very strange email last week. It was from a car dealership congratulating me on my purchase. Apparently I am now the owner of a new 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan from Feeny Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge. I of course don’t have a new minivan, so I thought I’d look up this Feeny place. It is apparently a dealership in the northern IL suburbs. I am wondering what I should do. Did someone use my identity to buy a new car? Did they just mess up the email address? Did the person who bought the car just give out any old email address they could think of so they didn’t get spammed by the dealership? I’m just not sure how I should proceed. I don’t want to overthink this, but I also don’t want to end up getting a notice in a couple of months saying I defaulted on a car loan for a car I don’t own.

0 comments: