Monday, May 10, 2010

Family Baptism

Sunday Sarah and I drove up to Appleton for my niece's baptism. She was being baptized at my old church, and I haven't been there since, probably about 1988, maybe 1989. It brought back some nice memories that I was able to share with Sarah, although she probably didn't really care. Every other time we drive back to my hometown, both Sarah and Alison couldn't be less interested when I show them places from my childhood.

When we met the Priest, I was told that he was at St. Johns in 1982 and 1983. I was an altar boy during that time, so I am sure that I served mass for him, but I couldn't for the life of me remember him. I wish I had some old pictures from '82 or '83 so I could see what he looked like 30 years ago. Then maybe I would remember him. There have been lots of other changes there apparently over the years, which is too bad, but that is what happens I guess when the congregations keep decreasing along with the number of men entering the priesthood.

Marissa was pretty well behaved for having water poured on her head. I was actually surprised that for a child being almost two that she would have stood for it. I actually felt very old since the girl (or should that be woman) that I sponsored Marissa with is the daughter of my old baseball and basketball coach. And she wasn't even born when I went to school at St. Johns.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to stay long at David's afterward. Sarah still had homework she needed to finish for Monday and Alison had been running a high fever and we thought that we would need to take her in to the emergency room to get looked at. So we needed to get home. Hopefully we will make it back up again soon to visit. I don't get back home nearly enough.

Pictures will have to wait until I have time to take them off the camera, or until I am able to get some emailed from my parents or brother and sister-in-law.

0 comments: