Sunday, May 30, 2010

Driveway


Over the Memorial day weekend, I decided to seal the driveway again. This has to be the one duty that gets done every year that I just absolutely hate! However, I also realize that this is necessary to prolong the life of the pavement. The driveway has actually probably need to be replaced for the last few years, and I just keep trying to patch and seal ti in order to get a little extra life out of it. A couple of years ago before the garage was replaced I had a blacktop guy come and quote it out for me and the cost then was in the neighborhood of $4500. I have to believe that concrete is going to be more expensive.


But you can see the cracks are getting pretty bad.



And this is what it looked like right afterward. Over the next couple of days, I am sure the cracks will come back, especially with the heat from the sun. But it has to be better than not doing it right?

0 comments: