Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cleaning the Gutters

I decided to clean out the gutters yesterday after cutting the grass. There were lots of maple seeds stuck in the covers I had on them that I couldn't get out, so I ended up taking the covers off. I haven't had them off in two years so I decided to go all out and completely clean them out.

There was a nice layer of dirt and dust on the bottom of the gutters as well as a few leaves and seeds around the wire traps I have in the downspounts. The worst was doing the one up on the second floor dormer in the back. It took forever to get the covers off and Sarah was freaking out that I was going to slip and fall. I told her not to worry because the life insurance was paid up. She didn't find that amusing.

After about three hours, I had all the sludge out, so we should be good now for another two years.

0 comments: