Friday, April 29, 2016

A Family Weekend

With Alison's cheer tryouts coming up next month, Kris and I happened to be talking about Homecoming this fall since if Ali makes the cheer team, she'll have to cheer at the game.  Sarah's "Family Weekend" in LaCrosse is scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 14th, and I happened to mention this to Kris and ask if the Falls had their homecoming scheduled yet.  

I mentioned something to the effect of "wouldn't it be just perfect if it was the same weekend as Family Weekend in LaCrosse."  Kris had to call school for something else and she happened to ask if they knew when Homecoming was scheduled for the coming fall.  She didn't know off the top of her head, but they did have the date on next year's calendar, it just isn't posted yet.  So the secretary went to look it up and of course, it ends up being on the same weekend. Perfect!  So now we'll have to make a choice to make; well not exactly.  We are not about to leave Alison home alone.  And who knows, maybe Sarah will want to come home in the fall for homecoming to see her friends.  I came home my first couple of years I was in college for homecoming to see my friends, and after all, isn't that what homecoming is for?  I guess we can always drive up and visit Sarah on a weekend, it doesn't have to be the family weekend.  Besides, she probably wouldn't want her parents dragging her down on a weekend.  But we'll figure it all out.

0 comments: