Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Field Events

Alison is not happy with her "new" events for the upcoming track meet.  For some reason, her coaches decided to have her compete in the shot put and in the discus (at least the plan is to have her do them in the next meet).  While I am not unopposed to her trying new, different events, you also can't give someone a day of practice in these event and just expect them to compete.  There is a particular technique that you need in order to do these events.  It isn't like having someone to run the 200 meters instead of a 100 meters.

While Alison doesn't want to do them, I give her credit for agreeing to try them.  I wish they had practice a little later in the day so that I could possibly manage my work schedule and maybe volunteer to coach a little bit.  Then again, I'm not a teacher, so I don't know how much I would be able to do.  It's not in the contract you know.

0 comments: