Monday, April 11, 2016

Track and Field

With the end of cheerleading and the start of the Spring sports season, Alison has been hemming and hawing about trying out for the track team this year.  And when I say "try out" I mean actually running track since n o one ends up getting cut from the team.  To that end, the North Middle School track team has over 100 kids participating from 7th and 8th grade.  I think that part of it is the fact that there aren't any other sanctioned school sports for the spring, such as baseball or softball, so if you wanted to participate in something, track is it.  The only question I have now is what events she'll be doing.  I can tell that she is no sprinter, so those events are out, and she doesn't want to run long distance, so those are out.  I'm not sure exactly what that leaves.

I know she was talking about wanted to try the high jump, and maybe the long jump.  Those were both events that I did so maybe I could help her out a little bit.  With over 100 kids, I am not sure about how much actual coaching they will end up getting.  The school had asked for volunteers to help out, and if the practice times had worked out with my new work schedule, I would have loved to have helped.  Unfortunately, they have practice immediately after school, and I don't think leaving work at 2:30 would fly.  

0 comments: