Thursday, April 21, 2016

Shaking Things Up

After the first track meet of the year, it looks like things are being shaken up a little bit.  The team didn't get much practice before the starts of the meets, so I think the coaches still don't know what everyone's best events are.  So Ali told us that everyone was going to get to try every event this week so they could evaluate and place the kids in the events that they were best at.  Somehow, Alison got put into the 100m hurdles.  She has never, ever done hurdles before.  She also got timed in the 200m and got 35 seconds.  Not too bad I guess, but supposedly her friends were all in the 28 second range.  Like I said earlier, I don't think Alison is a sprinter.   I think that she might be good at middle distances if she could get a handle on her breathing and her pacing.  Then again, what do I know, I'm not the coach.  

I guess we'll see where she ends up in her next meet.  I think of the two events, the 200m (as well as the 4 x 200m relay) and the 100m hurdles, the hurdles might end up being a better event for her.

0 comments: