Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Senioritis

As the year is winding down, Sarah is starting to come down with a bad case of senioritis, or otherwise known as a case of "I don't care".  Her classes this year were fairly easy, except for her two AP courses, biology and calculus.  The AP exams are coming up shortly, and after those are done, the classwork gets to be more independent, project type work instead of actually doing work out of the book.  

I get the frustration.  I remember taking blow off courses my senior year, and actually being very disinterested once I was accepted to college so that all I needed to do was pass.  I think Sarah is at the same point, except that she has the AP courses, which could save a little time and money with college.  It seems to apply to everything, not just her classes, but scholarship applications, work, etc...  It sort of makes me wonder if this will continue once she gets to college, or if this is just a function of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Because when she gets to college, she isn't going to have Kris or me kicking her in the butt to get her work done, which could lead to big problems.

0 comments: