Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Has Sprung

After what seemed like a wet few weeks, I was finally able to get outside and start to work on raking the grass.  As much as I like the way it looks after it is done, I absolutely loathe doing it.  I am sure I say that every year, but it's true.

I didn't have much of a window of opportunity because I had other things to do and there was rain on the way, but I was able to get most of the front yard done in about 4 hours.  My arms are aching, but at least it's done.  Plus, it is much easier to try pulling weeds now (such as clover and dandelions) before they get growing and I have to start spraying weed killer.  I try not to use weed preventing fertilizer because as I found out years ago, it also inhibits grown of new grass.  And I have found quite a few dead and thin spots that will need to be seeded.  But at least it felt good to actually get outside and do something after being cooped up in the house for the winter.

0 comments: