Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bathroom Window

I finally fixed the bathroom window. I had to call the company at tell them that I got the parts they sent, however, there were no instructions with them. I tried for an hour to figure it out, but couldn’t, and ended up wasting a total of about 2 hours trying to do it. I complained that they should have a place on their website where I could download the instructions as I was doing it on a Saturday, and since they are closed on the weekends, I was at a standstill.

The woman seemed apologetic enough at least, though I am sure she was gesturing at her computer screen as I was talking to her in a rude manner. But finally she ended up emailing me the instructions so I was all set to get the springs replaced. When I read the directions I was a little disturbed by the fact that I had to cut into the frame to get the old pieces out and the new ones in. I don’t like the thought of cutting into the frame at all, but as such I couldn’t replace the springs without doing it. It was easy enough with a hacksaw and a utility blade. The hard part was getting the window back into the track because it was a little awkward to handle and because of the angle that the window had to be at to get it in and out.

But after an hour or so, I was finished and the window is sliding up and down again. And just in time for the warm weather. So that is one thing complete of about fifty of the fix up project list I have. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be down to about 25.

0 comments: