Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Time

I finally got out to get the grass worked on last week. I managed to get three big yard bags full of grass dead leaves and sticks to the dump. Things just look so much nicer when the grass is raked and all the dead stuff is gone. That is one thing I hate about spring.

But we had a couple of days of rain about a week ago, which resulted in the grass greening up and growing. The bad thing about it is that the lawn mower went kaput last fall. The motor and blades still work, but the walk behind transmission is semi-locked up. Well the grass needed cutting and couldn't wait any longer so I had to try using it. It was like pushing a 50 pound weight back and forth across the lawn. I was halfway finished with the back yard and sweating like a pig. I definitely got my workout.

So now I am waiting until I get a new mower before seeding and fertilizing. Which is OK anyway since I have had no time to work outside yet. And with Ali's first communion coming up, it doesn't look like I'll have time to do that any time soon.

0 comments: