Friday, April 2, 2010

More Raking

I stayed home today and got the raking done. The girls went over to their grandma’s house to color Easter eggs so they were out of my hair (for a little while at least) so I figured I could get at least the front grass done.

I always forget how much I just hate raking until I start. It is something that I obviously need to do, and something that looks much nicer after its done; face it, the grass all matted down and dead after the snow melts just look crummy. But you sure get worked. My arms and shoulders hurt for 3 days. I suppose that should tell me I need to get back in shape. Plus, with it being Good Friday and having to fast, I had absolutely no energy after about 90 minutes.

I eventually got it done, and now I have (3) bags I grass I need to take to the landfill to compost. The next thing to do is spread some topsoil on the low spots in the lawn and spread some seed and then fertilize, but that will be in about (2) weeks.

0 comments: