Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More Painting

This past weekend was spent trying to get the den painted. We had (2) big problems. First we didn't want to move the furniture out of the room and second, I had to paint all the woodwork. It was easy enough working around the furniture, easy meaning awkward but we dealt with it. The walls themselves were done in about an hour. The other 10 hours of painting was taken up by doing the detailing.

The problem with the woodwork was deep burgandy color. It took one coat of primer followed by two coats of paint. Plus, the light in that room is terrible, so by 9:00 Sat. night I had to call it quits because I couldn't see very well. One of these days I need to get some spotlights.

By noon on Sunday I had everything done and it was time to start putting curtains and shades back up. Once we were finally done putting things back together I noticed all sorts of small spots where the paint is tin and could stand a slight touch up. Depending on my time this week, I am going to try and get it done. If I don't get it done and you are coming for Ali's 1st Holy Communion, don't look in there.

0 comments: