Thursday, April 29, 2010

Drinking the Wine

I forgot to add last night that Alison is freaking out about having to drink the wine at mass. I have to say I am a little bit scared myself. We are going to be fifth in line on Sunday. That means the chalice will be full when Alison receives it.

First, she is afraid of the taste. When Sarah had her 1st communion their class at least practiced with grape juice. Ali's class didn't do anything at all. The second thing is if the chalice is full when Ali gets it, I have visions of her being afraid, and dropping/spilling all over her dress.

Tomorrow night after dinner we are going to try practicing with Alison. We told her she only needs to take a small sip, just wetting her lips, if she is afraid. Then after Sunday, she never has to receive the wine at mass again if she doesn't want to. Hopefully we'll get her calmed down before Sunday morning.

0 comments: