Thursday, April 1, 2010

Skunked

Tuesday morning I walked out into the shop at work and was hit with a foul odor that was something like burnt rubber, machine coolant, and hydraulic fluid. I figured someone was cutting some new material, or someone didn't have their machine lubed properly. After a few minutes, one of my inspectors says to me, did you hear there was a skunk out in the shop? Apparently a skunk found its way inside while the overhead doors were open to dump chip hoppers. The doors had to stay open the rest of the day to get the smell out. Luckily no one got "skunked" trying to get it back out, but apparently it did spray a couple of things while it was being herded back outside.

When I got home and told the girls they thought it was amazingly funny. It wouldn't have been that funny if I had come home stinking like skunk and needing a tomato juice bath.

0 comments: