Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

So how do you go about celebrating Easter Sunday? This year we celebrated by.... painting. We spent the majority of the day priming and painting over the burgandy walls in the dining area of the family room. It was a real pain trying to go around the crown molding without getting anything on the wood. As it is, I had to do a lot of touch up with a model brush in the more detailed areas.

We painted the walls the same as the rest of the family room so I was able to touch up a few of the chips, and scratches as well as some old nail holes. Well when I painted over them, I didn’t realize we have different finishes on the paint. The paint on the walls now must be a flat finish, because the spots I touched up look shiny compared to the surrounding wall. So now it looks like we’ll have to go and buy a pint of flat finish and go over the spots I already went over so we have a uniform finish. This is the stuff they never show on the home improvement shows!

0 comments: