Sunday, August 29, 2010

Brewers Game

Kris and I decided to have a little fun Saturday for a change and go to the Brewers game. Kris found out that her boyfriend, Chris Capuano, was getting a start and since Milwaukee was playing the Pirates we had at least a 80-20 chance of winning, I decided to see what kind of seats we could get on short notice. Turns out that I found a pair of diamond box seats for $50 each, which is half the face value, in the second row right behind the plate. I couldn't pass those up.

Here was our view:



And I didn't quite get it but Prince launched a 450 foot bomb the pitch after I took this:


Cappy dug a pretty big hole (6-2 after three innings) but the Brewers chipped away and tied the game late to force extra innings. The Brewers eventually won 8-7 in 11 innings, though Kris and I left after the 10th because we had been at Miller Park since about 4:45 PM (we left at 10:20) and we wanted to get home to the girls (Sarah was babysitting) before they burned the house down.

Overall, pretty good seats. I wasn't sure what I was expecting; I thought I'd be able to hear the players talking, like the catcher saying things to the hitters as they came up to bat. I was very surprised at how loud it was. Kris and I needed to practically yell in order to hear each other. Plus, I found it very hard to judge distances; I thought there was a very strange sense of depth perception. I think in the future sitting up a few rows might not be such a bad thing.

0 comments: