Saturday, August 7, 2010

Car Trouble

Yesterday on our way back from the beach, we had to stop and fill up the gas tank of my father's car. First we, and by we I mean I, messed up the pay at the pump with my credit card. When I put the card in I was asked to put in my zip code. Not realizing this was some kind of security check, I punched in my parents' zip code. This resulted in locking up the pump and having to go inside to see the attendant.

I thought screw this and left, and went to a different gas station closer to home. This time I got the zip code thing right and filled up. I wanted a receipt, and pressed "yes". The display then says "your receipt has printed inside please see the attendant". Now if I wanted to go inside, I would have just went in to pay in the first place. So after being forced into going to a different station, and having the receipt not print, I was starting to get frustrated. Then as we pull out of the gas station, the car sputters, jerks, and dies. I start it again thinking I just didn't feather the engine enough. We pull out and get going, and the car again, sputters and lurches. So I decided to pull it into a parking lot, park, and call my father for help since we were only five minutes from home.

Once dad gets there and takes a look (I was hoping that I didn't do something that caused his car to die) and the same thing happens for him. So the car got parked, and we took the neighbor's car home. The big problem is this was to be our transportation to Disney. After dinner we went back to see if letting the car sit and cool off helped. It didn't. So now we are getting a rental to take to Disney. What else can go wrong? It seems like we always have problems when we come here.

0 comments: