Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Magic Kingdom Part Two

After the Haunted Mansion we decided to take a ride on the Liberty Square Riverboat since there was no one on it and it was leaving in about five minutes. Ali was mad because she wanted to go to Big Thunder Mountain. But I managed to convince her we would go there next.

When the boat ride was over, Ali had to go to the bathroom, so while she went I wandered into a gift shop. I ended up finding the limited edition Silly Bandz that are sold "exclusively" at the Disney parks. When Alison and Sarah made their way into the shop, I pointed them out and they nearly hit the ceiling. Sarah bought the Fairy set and Alison got the Fairy Set and a Disney character set.

Once that was done we made our way back over to Big Thunder Mountain. We happened to walk by the Pirates of the Caribbean and right across from it, Jack Sparrow was doing a sword fighting demonstration, so we decided to watch for a couple of minutes.


When we were done we noticed the wait time said five minutes for Pirates, so we went there next. When we were done with Pirates we stopped to get something to for lunch.

At this point Alison started her whimpering, saying she was scared to go on Big Thunder Mountain. I did what I could to try and convince her during lunch and when we left, she was still whining about being scared. We made it over there, and I made her ride it. She screamed during the ride, but she enjoyed it. If you ask her, she'll say she is still scared, but the truth is it was fun for her.

On the way to Big Thunder Mountain we saw Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. I wanted to have my picture taken with Woody, but the line had to be at least 50 people long. I was not about to wait in line to have a picture taken with a guy in a costume! I figured I would just wait and if the opportunity presented itself where we didn't have to wait, we'd jump at it.

After Big Thunder Mountain the Girls wanted to go to the Tomorrowland Speedway. Both Sarah and Alison wanted to try their hand at driving. Let's hope they get better because they are not going to to women drivers any favors. Ali was with me and Sarah drove Kris.



When we were done driving we went over to Tommowland to do a couple of things we had never done, the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, and The Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (Note, I scored 105,500 on Buzz's challenge, though in all honesty, Kris and the girls didn't get what was going on at first). After the Buzz Lightyear ride, the sky opened up again and we took cover. When it finally let up we went to the Tea Cups. This is one of (if not THE) favorite ride of Alison. I swear, I remember the ride lasting longer. But I let the girls start out spinning the cup. They didn't do too bad, but then they asked me to do it. Let's just say they were staggering a little when we finished. I was pulling the wheel so hard, I split my cuticle. I don;t know how that happened, but my finger was bleeding when we were done.

From there, we went to Winnie the Pooh. pretty boring, but it was nice to be inside in the air conditioning. It was really sticky after the rain.

After Pooh, we were about done. The girls wanted to go on the Dumbo ride, but the wait was 75 minutes (why would people like that ride?). So instead we walked over to the Aladdin Magic Carpet ride. It's teh same ride, just a different look for the "car" you sit in. the wait there was only 15 minutes, so Sarah took Alison while Kris and I waited.

While we waited I saw we only had a 20 minute wait for the Jungle Cruise, so we hit that next. After the Jungle ride, we had done everything we wanted to do at the Magic Kingdom, except for the Parade and fireworks. We had almost three hours to kill before the Electric Lights Parade, so we decided, it's just a parade... time to go home.

And as luck would have it, as we were leaving, we ran into a parade on Main Street. So Ali did get to see a parade, just no the electrical parade. She was fine with that, and we planned on seeing the fireworks at EPCOT the next day.

End of Day One at Disney

0 comments: