Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Five

Thursday was supposed to be a relaxing day. I went swimming with the girls and we drove down to Sumpter Landing to do a little shopping. The girls wanted to look for things like t-shirts from The Villages. Kris was also looking for a couple of gifts for friends. We walked around a few shops, and the girls found a couple of things. I just can't look for things with the girls so I waited until Kris and I were alone.

We came home with the girls and then went back out by ourselves. We had to run to Publix for my mom, and then when we got back home, we dropped off the things for my mom and then went back to Sumpter Landing. On the way back we had to hurry because there was some heavy rain on the way. We were in my dad's neighbor's golf cart, which happens to be gasoline powered rather than electric. As such, it moves much faster than my dad's. I had it up to 29 mph trying to beat the rain (but I won't admit that in court).

After dinner, we went back down to Sumpter Landing for "Vendor Night". Kris ended up finding a nice gift and we sat down and watched some of the dancing and listened to some of the music. I have to say, it was sort of entertaining watching some of the people, and also kind of disturbing. There was one guy who looked somewhat drunk, and was trying to put the moves on the old women there. At least that is what it looked like. I could be wrong, but it still looked creepy. Kris agreed. But it was entertaining enough.

When we got back the girls and I went for a quick swim before bed under the stars. Not a bad ending to a sort of crummy day.

0 comments: