Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lost in Central Florida

When we left the Old Key West resort, I thought I'd just follow the signs to get back to hwy. 192 and then hwy. 27. The roads around Disney are just a maze, and if you miss a sign, you're screwed. I made sure that we read every road sign and was sure we were going in the right direction, West, when we got off of I-4. I was sure we were on hwy. 192, and figured we were heading in the right direction. We even passed the "big wizard T-shirt shop" so I KNEW we were going the right way.

After about 8 or 9 miles I said to Kris that none of this stuff looked familiar and I noticed the hwy. 192 sign said "East". I thought, that's not right. So we pulled into a parking lot and dug out the Garmin and set it up. We made a big U-turn and headed back in the opposite direction.

I felt stupid. I should have realized that we were driving into the sun, and that it wasn't at our backs. Once we got the Garmin going it was easy to see where we were. ON the way back, I saw why I got turned around. There is a second big wizard t-shirt store. When I thought we were going the right way, we weren't because of the second store.

0 comments: